Cream of chicken & Wild rice
6 cups of chicken broth
* 1-2 chicken breakfast diced & cooked
* 1 (6 ounce) package of uncle bens long grain and wild rice blend, quick cooking version
* 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1⁄2 cup all purpose flour
* 1 stick of butter
* 1 cup carrot, diced
* 1 cup celery , diced
* 1 small onion finely chopped
* 3 cups of light cream
* 1 Maggi cube
1. Dice all the vegetables
2. In a small bowl, combine pepper and flour. Set aside.
3. In a large pot over medium heat, add chicken broth & Bring to a boil. Once boiled stir in rice and cooked chicken. Cover and remove from heat.
4. In a separate pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add carrots, celery and onion and saute for about 5 minutes. Stir in seasoning packet from the rice. Continue cooking vegetables until softened, about 2 more minutes. Add seasoned flour a little at a time while constantly stirring. Cook for 3-4 minutes to cook out raw flour taste.
5. Whisk in cream, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth. Cook until thickened, 5 minutes.
6. Next stir in the mixture into the broth pot. Add 1 Maggi cube. Cook over medium heat until heated through and rice is done,15-20 minutes. Make sure to stir every few minutes
7. Pour in bowel and Enjoy!