Pistachio Warbat Cake
– 6 cups of milk
– 2 cup semolina
– 2 cups sugar
– 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water
– 1 pack of phyllo dough (defrosted in fridge overnight)
– 1 stick of butter
– 2 cups of simple syrup
– 1 1/2 cups of ground unsalted pistachios
1. Warm semolina on low heat.
2. Gradually add milk & stir constantly
3. Bring to boil, heat till thick
4. Add sugar, stir.
5. Add orange water, stir.
6. Pour into greased dish and let cool.
7. Measure and trim phyllo dough and trim into a circle to fit a spring cheesecake pan.
8. Butter pan with melted butter, especially the sides.
9. Add a trimmed phyllo sheet to your buttered pan. Brush butter onto the top of the dough and add another layer of phyllo dough. Repeat till you have about 5 sheets.
10. Then add semolina pudding/ ashta and spread evenly. Lightly sprinkle with pistachios on top
11. Add another 4-5 sheets of phyllo dough, making sure to butter each sheet before adding the next.
12. Add a layer of pistachios making sure to cover that layer of dough with pistachios completely.
13. Add another 4-5 sheets of phyllo dough, making sure to butter each sheet before adding the next
14. Then, add another layer of semolina pudding/ ashta and spread evenly. Lightly sprinkle with pistachios on top
15. The final layers, add 4-5 sheets of phyllo dough, making sure to butter each sheet before adding the next.
16. Bake for about 20-25 min on 400 degrees, till the top is your desired golden brown color
17. When done, drizzle with simple syrup then let cool before opening spring pan.
18. Finally, garnish with ground pistachios & serve!