Fruit Puff Pastry Tart
– 1 pack of puff pastry
– 1 egg
– 2 tablespoons of water
– Fruit to your liking (strawberries, kiwis,
raspberries, blueberries etc.)
– 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar (for dusting)
For pastry cream (Mark Bittman Recipe)
2 Eggs was
2 tbsp Cornstarch
2 tbsp Flour
1 pinch of Salt
2/3 cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 tbsp Butter, unsalted
2 cups Cream
1. Combine sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt into a small sauce pan
2. In separate bowl mix eggs and cream
3. On medium heat mix egg mixture into the sugar mixture. Whisk occasionally at 1st to get rid of lumps. Then pretty much constantly until until it starts to boil and thickens. About 10 min
4. Lower heat so mixture bubbles gently.
5. Once it’s has thickened turn off the heat then stir in vanilla and butter.
6. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer to get rid of lumps
7. Let cool at room temperature covered before using
8. While that cools, make your egg wash. Mix 1 egg with 2 tablespoons of water and set aside
9. Next, cut puff pastry into squares.
10. To make your 1st pastry, take 1 square, brush with egg wash. This will be your base.
11. Using a cookie cuter cut out circles into the center of the next 2 squares.
12. Place the 1st cut out on top of the square base, bush with egg wash and repeat.
13. Once you are done making your squares, bake at 400 degrees for about 15min, or until golden in color.
14. Let cool complete then dust with powdered sugar.
15. Next, pipe or spoon filling into the center cutout
16. Top with fruit of choice and enjoy!